Dalton Education Foundation
For more than 28 years, the independent Dalton Education Foundation has focused on developing, supporting and promoting excellence in the nationally acclaimed Dalton Public School system.
The Foundation leverages private charitable contributions to:
- Recognize exceptional teachers
- Award classroom grants
- Provide college scholarships to Dalton Public Schools students
Your tax deductible contribution of any size is welcome and will be used to pursue academic excellence in Dalton Public Schools today and tomorrow.
To get involved with the work of the Foundation, to make a contribution, or for more information, please contact us.
Dalton Education Foundation, Inc, was established in 1987 to promote educational excellence in the Dalton Public Schools through education, recognition and enrichment.
SCHOOL FINANCE CHANGES
Changes in the method of state school financing in the 1980’s led leaders to investigate ways the Dalton schools could continue to offer the highest quality education possible to Dalton’s children.
The idea for an education foundation was born, in part modeled after the highly successful Whitfield Healthcare Foundation that has supported Dalton’s Hamilton Medical Center so effectively.
The foundation’s purpose is not to raise money to operate the schools; that is the Dalton Board of Education’s job.
The foundation provides “over and above” resources, both human and financial, to enable our educators to dream dreams about how to build a truly superb school district and then, with foundation assistance, to follow that dream.
- Tom Jones Educator of the Year: 2018 Tom Jones Educator of the Year - Dr. Daphnie Jones
- Clifford & Kathryn Hale Academic Excellence in Teaching
- Janice Meadows US History Grant
- The Rowena Hyatt Martin Creative Teaching Grant
- The Tom Jones Grants for Excellence
- DPS Payroll Deduction Teacher's Wish List
- Charles E. Bowen Leadership and Service Grant
- Bill & Judy Adams Entrepreneurial
- Karen Lightbody Kirkman Piano
- James E. Martin Memorial Math
- John Bruner Memorial Scholarship
- Barry Patterson Memorial
- Harlan Starr Memorial
- Demera Robinson Memorial
- Dale Cook Memorial