Dalton Education Foundation
For more than 30 years, the independent Dalton Education Foundation has focused on developing, supporting and promoting excellence in the nationally acclaimed Dalton Public School system.
The Foundation leverages private charitable contributions to:
- Recognize exceptional teachers
- Award classroom grants
- Provide college scholarships to Dalton Public Schools students
Your tax deductible contribution of any size is welcome and will be used to pursue academic excellence in Dalton Public Schools today and tomorrow. Donations may be submitted online through the SchoolPay App or by mailing checks to Dalton Education Foundation at 300 W Waugh Street, Dalton, GA 30720. For online donations, simply click on this link (schoolpay.com/link/def), create an account, and complete the donation information.
Dalton Education Foundation, Inc, was established in 1987 to promote educational excellence in the Dalton Public Schools through education, recognition and enrichment.
SCHOOL FINANCE CHANGES
Changes in the method of state school financing in the 1980’s led leaders to investigate ways the Dalton schools could continue to offer the highest quality education possible to Dalton’s children.
The idea for an education foundation was born, in part modeled after the highly successful Whitfield Healthcare Foundation that has supported Dalton’s Hamilton Medical Center so effectively.
The foundation’s purpose is not to raise money to operate the schools; that is the Dalton Board of Education’s job.
The foundation provides “over and above” resources, both human and financial, to enable our educators to dream dreams about how to build a truly superb school district and then, with foundation assistance, to follow that dream.
- Tom Jones Educator of the Year: 2022 Tom Jones Educator of the Year - Jeff McKinney
- Clifford & Kathryn Hale Academic Excellence in Teaching
- Dale Cook Support Educator of the Year: 2022 Dale Cook Support Educator of the Year - Jorge Miranda
- Janice Meadows US History Grant
- The Rowena Hyatt Martin Creative Teaching Grant
- The Tom Jones Grants for Excellence
- DPS Payroll Deduction Teacher's Wish List
- Charles E. Bowen Leadership and Service Grant
- Bill & Judy Adams Entrepreneurial
- Karen Lightbody Kirkman Piano
- James E. Martin Memorial Math
- John Bruner Memorial Scholarship
- Harlan Starr Memorial
- Demera Robinson Memorial
- Dale Cook Memorial
- Jim and Nancy Hawkins Future Teacher Scholarship
- Tanner Karr Memorial Scholarship, DHS Class of 2011
- Willisa H. Marsh Scholarship
- Wright Business Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship