Dalton Public Schools is fully in-person for all students. We continue to offer virtual learning for secondary students through The Dalton Academy. For details on how to enroll in The Dalton Academy's virtual learning option, please contact the school at 706.876.4700.
- Masks are not required for any student or staff member
- Students and staff have the option to wear a mask or face covering if they want to wear one
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be available at all schools
- Schools will be cleaned daily
- Air filtration in schools has been upgraded and we will continue to make improvements to ventilation systems
- Visitors are allowed in all schools in accordance with all school safety protocols
- Field trips and school assemblies will continue as normal
- If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they should stay at home for a minimum of five days from when symptoms start. It is recommended that they wear a mask once they return to school for an additional five days.
- If a student or staff member is a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID, there is no quarantining required, but it is recommended that they wear a mask for five days.
- If a student or staff member has a fever or other symptoms, they should stay home and seek medical guidance.
- In accordance with current CDC guidelines, schools will not be doing any contact tracing following a positive case.
We will continue to monitor conditions in our schools and in our community, and seek guidance from local health officials and the CDC. Dalton Public Schools reserves the right to update its COVID protocols at any time as conditions change. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you!