Return to School Plans
On July 20, 2020 the Dalton Board of Education voted on final plans for returning to school in August. Read more about these plans here:
Welcome to Reconnect DPS!
This webpage was created as a place to provide the Dalton Public Schools
community with updates about plans to reconnect with staff, students and
parents and safely return to school in the fall 2020 semester. We will
update this page as new information becomes available.
Please read through the information provided on this webpage. There is
currently a committee meeting weekly working to determine the safest
and best way to reopen schools in the fall. You can contact any member of
the reopening committee by clicking the link below their name in the
Thank you for your support and participation in this process. We look
forward to beginning school again in the fall!
Reconnect DPS Newsletter Archive
Click on one of the links below to view the archived version of a past newsletter update.
Reconnect DPS Newsletter (Spanish)
Parent Survey Results
We sent out a survey to parents in our district asking for their feedback on returning to school. In total, 2,399 parents completed the survey. The results of this survey area available to view at the link below.
Our goal is to ensure that any of the three options will allow DPS to continue to serve students with a high quality, child-centered learning experience—even in modified ways.
Guidance from the Georgia Department of Education and the Georgia Department of Public Health
The Georgia Department of Education in partnership with the Georgia Department of Health released a set of guidelines for reopening K-12 schools in the fall. Click on the tiles below to learn more about the aspects covered by the plan.Detailed guidance is provided on:
- Practicing prevention
- Transporting students
- Entering school buildings
- Serving meals
- Transitioning between classes and spaces within the school
- Conducting large group gatherings
- Supporting teaching and learning
- Protecting vulnerable populations
- August 3, 2020 - Safety Supplies Video from Dr. Scott
- July 20, 2020 - Letter from the DPS Board of Education
- July 1, 2020 - Video Message from Dr. Scott
- June 29, 2020 - Governor Kemp's Executive Orders
- May 29, 2020 - End of the Year Video
- May 22, 2020 - Dr. Scott Letter for the Class of 2020
- May 5, 2020 - Board of Education Thank You Message
- April 27, 2020 - Let's Hear it For Teachers!
- April 14, 2020 - Important Updates from Dr. Scott
- March 26, 2020 - Governor Kemp's Executive Order
- March 15, 2020 - School Nutrition
- March 14, 2020 - School Closing
- March 10, 2020 - State Superintendent Statement
- March 9, 2020 - Public Health Presentation
- March 7, 2020 - Cases Identified in Georgia
- March 3, 2020 - CDC information
Questions or Concerns?
Student and staff safety is our top priority at Dalton Public Schools. If you have a question, concern or comment about any health or safety issue, please let us know.Click Here
Georgia Department of Education 'Getting Ready Guides' for K-3.
The Georgia Department of Education and Georgia Public Broadcasting are launching “Getting Ready” guides to help parents of the youngest learners prepare for the upcoming school year.
These guides for getting ready for kindergarten and first, second, and third grade were created by GPB Education and specialists in the Georgia Department of Education’s Office of Teaching & Learning, and are designed to provide a simple way to keep the learning going over the summer and explore skills that will prepare a student for the school year ahead.
School Reopening Committee Members
Email Dr. Scott
Email Mr. Dailey
Email Mr. Amonett
Chief Academic Officer
Email Mrs. Orr
Chief Financial Officer
Email Mrs. Perry
Chief of Staff - Communications
and Public Relations
Email Mrs. Holloway
Chief Human Resources Officer
Email Mrs. Woods
Director of Operations
Email Mr. Lount
Director of School Nutrition
Email Mrs. Brackett
Director of Technology &
Email Mr. Davis
Director of School Support for
Email Mr. Sun
Director of Student
Information & Enrollment
Email Mrs. Hughes
Safety and Transportation
Email Mr. Wells
Email Mrs. Hungerpiller
Park Creek Principal
Email Mr. Esters
DHS Athletic Director
Email Mr. McKinney
Email Ms. Martin