Located in Dalton, GA, our district includes nine schools serving about 8,000 students. We are an international student body as our students’ families hail from 42 countries around the globe. Here, innovative faculty and staff work together to provide students with engaging work. This approach to learning focuses on our vision:
"Each student of Dalton Public Schools engages in interesting, challenging, satisfying experiences that result in profound learning in academic disciplines, synthesis, creativity, respect and ethics so that each student is a contributing citizen of the world.”
Our office hours are Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30. We are located at 101 N. Thornton Ave., Suite 100.
Starting June 4, 2018 our office hours will be Monday-Thursday 7-5. We will resume normal hours July 16.
Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. If you are new to Dalton, we hope that the information provided here meets your needs.
Please complete an Enrollment Packet for every student enrolling.
- Please bring the following documents with you:
- Proof of Home Address(Current Utility Bill or a Lease Agreement)
- Child's Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
- Georgia Proof of Immunization Form #3231
- Georgia Eye, Ear, Dental, and Nutrition Form #3300
If you live in the City of Dalton and are applying to attend a school other than the one for which you are zoned OR you live outside the City of Dalton and are applying for enrollment on a tuition-basis, you must complete an Out-of-Zone/Out-of-District Application.
“It is against the law to lie or falsify on a legal document and could result in being prosecuted, held criminally liable, and punished by a fine of not more than $1,000.00 or by imprisonment for not less than one or more than five years, or both, if found guilty of false swearing pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 16-10-71.”
Reverification of home address will be done annually with specific scheduled grades, random selection within some grades, as follow-up to submission of Affidavits and other documents, and as a result of working with the local District Attorney.
Call the Enrollment Center at 706.876.4000
School Attendance Zone Locator Map
Use this interactive map to find the schools your child will attend in Dalton Public Schools based on your address within the city of Dalton. Please note the following:
* If you live or are considering renting or purchasing property on the perimeter of the city you should verify with the enrollment office whether the address is zoned for Dalton Public Schools or Whitfield County Schools.
* Addresses added within the city within the past year may not be represented on the map due to the process used by the mapping service and the county assessor’s office.