Dalton Public Schools will create a cadre of invested and engaged ambassadors who are passionate about our students and staff and want to gain a deeper understanding of the day-to-day operations of the school district to become knowledgeable advocates.
The purpose of the Dalton Ambassador Program is to provide members of the community an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the day-to-day operations of the school district. Individuals who complete the program become Dalton Ambassadors in the community, which leads to better communication and understanding of the Dalton Public Schools. The program will create a sense of pride and knowledge among program graduates, enabling them to act as informed advocates for our schools.
Any adult that lives or works within Dalton or Whitfield County, has students in the school district or is an employee of the district.
All sessions will start at 5 p.m. with a meal and tour of the facility and time with students. The actual session will last two hours, from 6 to 8 p.m., one evening a month. Participants who successfully complete the program will be honored as graduates at the December Dalton Board of Education meeting. There is no fee to participate in the program but attendance is required at all sessions.
Session 1: Tuesday, August 22
District Leadership and Communications
- Board Chair Matt Evans
- Superintendent Tim Scott
- Director of Communications Emily Rojas
Session 2: Tuesday, September 26
Finance, Technology and Operations
- Chief Financial Officer Theresa Perry
- Director of Operations Rusty Lount
- Director of Technology Stuart Davis
Session 3: Tuesday, October 24
Teaching and Learning, Data Analysis and Special Education
- Executive Director of Teaching and Learning Brandi Moore
- Executive Director of Secondary Operations Nick Sun
- Executive Director of Elementary Operations Leslie Dixon
- Director of Exceptional Student Services Pam Wiles
- Deputy Superintendent Wiley Dailey
- Coordinator of Data Analysis and School Improvement Robyn Scott
Session 4: Tuesday, November 14
Human Resources, Student Services, Social Workers, School Nutrition, and School Safety
- Lead Social Worker Jackie Taylor
- Chief of Student Services and Activities Steven Craft
- Chief of Human Resources Mendy Woods
- Director of Nutrition Wimberly Brackett
- Director of Safety and Transportation Jeff Wells